2012-01-30

Lady chases thief who snatched wallet - chicagotribune.com

Linette Kossow's Chicago apartment has been burglarized and her e mail hacked. Then early Friday morning, a cheap soccer jerseys free shipping man on the 36/Broadway CTA bus downtown snatched her wallet from her shoulder bag and fled out the rear door.



Kossow hesitated for only a instant. Fed up with sensation helpless and preyed upon, she explained, she snapped &mdash and took off immediately after the burly thief.






I had a good deal of poor things occur, and I was just completed,  explained Kossow, 50.  I was just disappointed. I was worn out of becoming a victim. 



Clad in a skirt, knee-substantial boots and a total-duration overcoat, Kossow ditched her bag and sprinted off the bus and immediately after the teen at State and Huron streets. At some position, two bystanders joined the chase, zigzagging down streets and close to corners. As the 3 ran by the Omni Hotel at Michigan Voie and Huron Street, a person called 911.



Twice Kossow and the very good Samaritans caught up to the thief and confronted him.



I grabbed him and mentioned: 'God desires you to give me back my wallet. Make sure you give me again my wallet. I require it.' 



But the two times he managed to escape their grasp. The complete chase lasted about a mile before they lastly cornered him in an alley off Wabash Voie close to Superior Street.



Kossow she again pleaded with the thief to return her wallet.  I am homeless, and even I wouldn't just take a wallet,  she stated a single of the two guys who helped Kossow chase down the suspect informed the thief.



The thief was handing the wallet above to Kossow as police arrived.



He had tried to go up some stairs at the again of a constructing but could not get away,  explained Officer Jose Torres, who created the arrest with associate Robert Michalski.  He was giving up. 



The suspect was determined as Jenar Sanders, 18, of the 7200 block of South Coles Voie. Bail was set at $one hundred,000 on a cost of felony theft. His courtroom-appointed legal professional stated Sanders is a senior at South Shore Higher School.



Kossow explained the roughly ten-second chase left her winded, but she never 2nd-guessed her selection to go after Sanders, however he towered about her at six-foot-3 and 270 cheap soccer scarves lbs.



As soon as I decided I was likely to operate, I was committed,  she explained.



Immediately after the ordeal was over, Kossow mentioned she hugged the strangers who aided her &mdash she identified the 2nd man as a safety guard &mdash and gave them some income out of Coach Outlet gratitude.



I could have never ever gotten him without the other two people and the police,  she said.



In court, prosecutors said the teenager was billed with misdemeanor criminal harm to house previously this month, and has an fantastic purchase of protection against him.



According to courtroom information, Sanders' landlord called police following Sanders allegedly kicked in doorways and destroyed other house at the apartment building wherever he lives with his mother. In a phone job interview, the landlord, Ernest Kennedy, stated he acquired an order of defense against Sanders as a precaution. It is in result until finally Feb. 6.



Kennedy mentioned Sanders' arrest for theft did not surprise him.



He needs some time to sit and think. Or probably a boot camp,  Kennedy mentioned.  He demands some severe guidance. 



Police usually caution towards victims chasing intruders.



The woman's fortunate,  a police official said.  She grabbed him. She was lucky this guy wasn't a violent man. They had him in an alley without an exit. He's a rather substantial male. big and tall soccer jerseys



Reflecting on her harrowing experience, even so, Kossow stated she would not wait to do it all above yet again.



I'm positive I appear like a individual who would never ever do anything about it,  she mentioned of the theft.  I just wanted to not search back again and say that I just sat there because I've just sat there prior to. I desired to at least say I tried using. 



Tribune reporter Liam Ford contributed.



cdrhodes@tribune.com pnickeas@tribune.com jmeisner@tribune.comreport=2012-01-31data


Related article:
you-will-have-to-e-mail-or-fax-the-check-authorization-form
the-web-has-streamlined-the-way-in-which-we-interact

No comments:

Post a Comment